Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Four months already?!

It's been a very busy few weeks here at the Kocubinski household.  I suppose I should start at Valentine's Day.  I had the two cutest dates a girl could ask for.  Matt had to work, so it was just me and the kids.  However, Matt pulled out all the stops this year and impressed the hell out of me by getting me a new washer and dryer.  I know that as a modern woman I shouldn't have been so excited about getting appliances from my husband, but those who know me know how much I actually enjoy doing laundry and how much I hated our old set.  I am still blown away by the fact that I can actually wash almost twice  as much per load and am saving at least 400 gallons of water every week.  That's right, 400 gallons.  And to top it off, he also got me flowers and gave me a much needed afternoon off later in the week to get a pedicure.  Ahhhhh....

In less happy news, we found out our dog Jackson is diabetic.  After about a week of excessive thirst and trips outside to relieve himself, I made an appointment at the vet to see what was up.  They were able to get us in on short notice, but I didn't  have anyone to watch the kids, so it was me, an infant, a toddler and a terrified 90 pound lab at the vet's office.  The kids behaved wonderfully (hallelujah), and Jackson was a trooper.  Long story short, it looks like we will have to give him insulin shots twice daily for the rest of his life.  The poor guy already has to take medicine for his epilepsy every day.  But he's strong and otherwise healthy, so we're going to make it work.  The things we do for our furry kids. 

Evelyn had her four month appointment a couple of weeks ago and is a happy, healthy little girl!  She was in the 90th percentile for weight, and was off the charts for height.  Clearly she is taking after Matt just like her big brother.  She is a fun girl to hang out with.  She  is smiling and giggling all the time and is really bonding with Max.  I can already see how much she adores him and it makes me happier than anyone could ever know. 

Max is busy, busy, busy.  Our fearless adventurer is always on the move.  He has recently figured out that he can get into the medicine cabinet by standing on the trash can.  Naturally, it got moved.  He has also figured out how to open the "child proof" latches on the cabinets and knows where I hid his favorite crackers.  They got moved too.  One of his new favorite places to hang out is in the bathtub.  Turns out it is almost as fun to sit in the tub without water as it is with water.   Go figure.  He is getting more and more interested in his sister with each day and I do believe is finally starting to like her a bit (though he'll never admit it).

About a week ago, my friend Becca came over with her pug, CJ.  Max loves all dogs, but LOVES little dogs.   The afternoon flew by as Max chased an excited CJ around the house, squealing with pure joy.  I found myself thinking that I don't think I would even get that excited if I won the lottery.  So thanks to Becca for a) bringing CJ over and b) taking me out of the house for some grown-up time and a nice lunch.  I should also thank Becca's mom, Saundra for watching Max and Evelyn while we went out.  She's the greatest!

There's more going on around here, but I'm going to have to save it for later.  I've already rambled on long enough for one entry.  As always, thanks for checking in.  'Till next time!

Handsome Jack


Evelyn taking a moment to adore daddy before her bath

Max and CJ

'Sup

No comments:

Post a Comment