Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Good, the Bad, and the Jiggly

As per usual I am way behind in my blogging.  The last few weeks have been incredibly busy!  We has a lot of firsts at the end of March- Max's first swim lessons, his first speech therapy sessions, and my first time in a swim suit since having 2 kids in 18 months (shudder!).   I was so excited to get Max in the pool.  I figured he would love it since he just loves water all around.  Bath time is a blast and he loved being in the pool at our time-share last summer.  I figured swim lessons would be a breeze.  I was wrong. The first day he clung to me for dear life and cried the whole time.  Fortunately the other parents were very kind and understanding.  I was so shocked at his reaction to being in the water and worried about how the rest of the lessons would go.   I thought he would have so much fun and was kind of crushed to see him so miserable.

The same day we also had Max's first speech therapy session.  That went very well.  We both really liked his therapist and she seems really optimistic about his speech.  After only one session, he was making new sounds and after the second session he was saying a couple of new words!  In the last couple of weeks he has added 'hi' and 'no' to his vocabulary.  And boy, does he love saying no.  And I love hearing it.  For now anyway.  Ha! Ha!

A couple of days later, we went for the second swim lesson.  Much to my amazement, he did great!  The difference between the two lessons was like night and day.  Not only did he not scream or cry, he actually seemed to be having fun!  And that is how they have been ever since.  It's been such a blast that I don't even worry about what I look like in my swim suit.  When my kids are happy, I'm happy.  Even in skin tight lycra.

Not much new has been going on with Evelyn.  She's still our serious but happy little darling.  She is working on sitting up by herself and gets stronger and stronger every day.  We got the jumperoo out of storage and she really seems to like it.  Her legs are so strong I wouldn't be surprised if she walks before she crawls.  Her teeth still have yet to pop out, but I expect them any day now.  She grabs just about everything within reach and puts it in her mouth.  Her sweet smile and laugh just melt my heart.  It is just so much fun watching her little personality emerge.  She is definitely more serious than her big brother.  She stared at everything and everyone so intently, you can almost see the wheels in her head turning as she takes it all in.  I wonder if the kids will stay like this.  Max is such an outgoing little ham and Evelyn is quiet, observant and sweet.

Well I'm going to pause there.  I'll update soon with detail about Max's BIG party in Vegas.  My little man is 2!
My little cheese ball.  He wanted all of Evelyn's flowers in his hair.

I just love this face!

Max loved helping his daddy get the garden ready.

My happy girl in her jumperoo!

Serious face

No comments:

Post a Comment