Monday, August 20, 2012

Back to NYC

Well, Matt has been setting the bar pretty high when it comes to Valentine's Day presents.  That's actually kind of funny since it's his least favorite holiday.  But last year he gave me my beloved HE washer/dryer set, which still makes me happy today.  This year, he got me a plane ticket to go back to New York to spend some quality (and child-free) time with Anna!  I was SO excited, but very nervous at the same time.  I had never been away from the kids for more than a few hours.  I didn't know how they would handle me being gone.  But I knew my sanity depended on me going on this little vacation.  Of course my kids are the most important things to me in the world, but 3 years is a long time to go without a break.  So, at the end of April, Matt's mom came out to visit and help out with the kids and I took off for my very first trip without them.  I cried on the plane on the way over, but did ok for the rest of the trip.  I was able to skype with the kids on the computer and use face time on our phones.  They had a great time with their daddy and grandma and I had a great time with Anna.  It was so nice to be able to relax and have girl time for the first time in ages.  It was kind of like having a 4 day sleep over.  We shopped, explored, ate some good food, drank some yummy drinks, and chilled out at her apartment.  As Anna pointed out, we hadn't hung out just the two of us in almost 10 years.  We have always been together as a group or with my kids.  So I think it made us appreciate the chance to reconnect even more.

Outside the public library

Empire State Building

An old rail line that was converted to a park

Beautiful Anna

At Central Park


Love this lady!


Many thanks to Anna for showing me the town and for all the great conversations!  And many thanks as well to Sue for helping Matt out and keeping my little ones happy in my absence.  Maybe I'll just have to do this again next year.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment