Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Oh, the Cute Things They Say (And Do)

It is now September and Max is 3 1/2, and Evelyn is almost 2.  I have to say, I am seriously loving these preschool years.  The kids are learning so much so fast and their imaginations are really taking off.  They say and do some of the cutest and most surprising things.  I keep saying I need to write some of theses things down, so here I go:

EVELYN
Evelyn talks, and talks, and then talks some more.  It's a different experience for us since Max barely spoke more than a few words when he was her age, and here she is, talking in complete sentences.  She knows her mind and doesn't hesitate to tell us what's on it.  When she's tired, she says "Night, night" and marches off to her room.  And she can't go to sleep without someone singing Twiggle Gar (Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star) and BBB's (ABC's).  When she has a dirty diaper she announces it and climbs up on to her changing table and waits for us to change her.  She lets us know when she's hungry and what she wants to eat- cheese, boo-bays (blueberries),  car cars (crackers), samiches (sandwiches), eggs, ohgurt (yogurt), and milk are a few of her favorites.


Did I mention she likes cheese?  That's one trait she DIDN'T get from me.

When she's not telling us what she wants to do or eat, she makes sure to tell us what she's doing.  You know, in case we can't figure it out on our own.  "I dancing!", "I run circles!",  "I hiding!" (she yells from behind the curtain).  Our girl is quite independent too.  The phrase we hear more times a day than anything else is "No, I do it."  She doesn't need help with much these days.  She's one heck of an amazing girl.

Finally, I feel I should give a mention to Evelyn's love of wearing her daddy's clothes.  Well, not really his clothes so much as his shoes and hats.  Any time she sees one of Matt's baseball caps laying around, she puts it on.  And she is always looking for a pair of his shoes to shuffle around in.  I don't know why, but it sure is funny.  It makes my day to see her donning his hat while scooting around in his footwear while singing "daddy's shoes, daddy's shoes."  I can't wait to see what grabs her attention next.
Looking adorable in Matt's hat.


MAX
I love that fact that Max has remained so sweet and sensitive.  He's been a little love bug since the day he was born.  Don't get me wrong, the kid has his troublesome moments, but overall he is such a doll.  We are so lucky.  He is generous with his hugs, kisses and smiles.  He's gentle with animals and other kids.  He even captures bugs he sees in the house to let them outside to "be with their mommy and daddy."  Sometimes he squishes them in the process, but insists they are just taking naps.  For now, I don't argue with him about that.  Like I said, he's a sweet soul. 

One of the great things about having a three-year-old is witnessing his imagination flourish.  We've been playing outside all summer and depending on the day, we pretend to be airplanes, cars, spaceships or animals.  There was even a day in there where I had to pretend to be a gas pump.  He has whole conversations on his play phone with different friends.  He tells his own stories and has even created background stories for some of his animals.  He's also coming up with names for all those animals.  Most recently, Sue and Don gave him some sea animals puppets.  Max named them Starry Star (the starfish), Crabby (the lobster) and TV Soap (the octopus).  Yep, you read that right.  The octopus is named TV Soap.  And no, I have no idea where he came up with it.
Max being Max

Like so many kids his age, Max says the funniest things.  One day as he was prancing around with his guitar, he proudly declared he was rock and rolling.  When Matt asked him to please pass something to him, Max very seriously praised Matt for using good manners and told him he was a good boy.  The other day when I had to be stern with him, he asked me if I was mad.  I said no and he replied "Good.  You're not frustrated either."  Apparently I use the "I'm not mad, I'm just frustrated" line a bit too often.  I should devote a whole blog entry to Max-ims and Evelyn-isms.  That may be coming up in the near future.  Until then, I'll end with this one last thing Max does that brings a smile to my face.  He replaces his L's with W's when he talks.  It's adorable.  I love it when he crawls into our bed in the morning and says "Mommy, wet's pway cave game with the fwashwight."  In case you're curious, cave game is basically hiding under the covers and pretending we're in a cave. 
He's a chill dude.
I guess there wasn't much point to this blog other than me wanting to write down some of these things so I won't forget them.  But of all the things they do, I love watching them play together the most.  They are best friends and I hope the will always have such a great relationship with each other. Those two little darlings fill my heart each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment