Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Letter to my Precious Girl

My darling Evelyn-

Last month you officially made the transition from baby to little girl.  I can't believe how fast the last two years have gone.  I'll never forget the day you were born.  When you were laid on my chest for the first time and looked at me with those beautiful blue eyes of yours, I felt a peace that I've never felt before.  Holding you and seeing that you were healthy and perfect made my heart swell.  You made our family complete.  I won't forget any of those first moments- the sound of your cries, the softness of your little head, the way you felt curled up to me and my love for you that filled every inch of that hospital room and beyond.  I couldn't take my eyes off of you.

Over the last two years, you have kept us on our toes.  You have shown us from day one that you are an independent, stubborn, strong and intelligent little girl and I love that about you.  You are tough as nails, but still so sweet and loving.  I can rest easy at night knowing you will always march through life confidently with your head held high.  Don't ever lose that spirit.  Your sweet, bold laugh brings a smile to my face every time I hear it.  Your dad and I couldn't have asked for a better daughter and you have been the perfect sister and best friend to Max.  You have brought a joy to our lives that I can't express in words. 

I will devote the rest of my life to being the mom you deserve.  I will love and support you in all you do.  I am your biggest fan will always be in your corner.  I look forward to seeing what you accomplish in life and sharing all the moments, both good and bad, with you.  There will be laughter and tears and I'll make sure my hand will be there to hold when you need it for a long as I live. 

I love you little girl.  With all my heart and soul.  Thank you for lighting up my life.

Love,
Mom

The most amazing girl I've ever met

No comments:

Post a Comment