Thursday, November 15, 2012

We Love Pumpkin Patches!

We REALLY love pumpkin patches.  Fortunately there is no shortage of pumpkin patches around these parts, so we have plenty of opportunities to partake in some fall fun.  The first one we went to this year was with Max's playgroup friends at Bauman Farms.  Sadly, it was the first rainy day of an otherwise perfect fall season,  so the kids spent most of the time inside playing on hay bales.  But they didn't know any better and had a blast anyway.  I also have to brag for a moment once again about my brave little princess.  There was a slide (I'm cursing myself for not taking a picture of it) that was an extremely long tube propped up against a tall pile of hay bales.  My slide-loving boy just had to go down it even though the thought made me nervous.  I only saw big kids going on it and one small kid (but still bigger than Max) going down with his dad.  But I let him go anyway.  It was safe and there wasn't anywhere he could have fallen off.  But once Evelyn saw her big brother heading up the LONG flight of stairs to the top, she of course wanted to go to.  Eventually I let her go after the parent of the small kid offered to follow her up the stairs to make sure she didn't fall backward.  I remember thinking I was crazy to say yes, but figured if she chickened out I could just run up and grab her.  But she did it!  I could hear her squealing with joy the whole way down and she immediately wanted to go again.  That girl has no fear.  But back to the rest of the day...
Not too into getting their picture taken

Another small slide

So excited!


He seemed determined to bury his sister in hay

Mini maze!

Fun, fun, fun


Not too excited about getting a picture with mom

I love these little darlings

Buds!


Matt signed up for the Zombie Apocalypse run this year that was at a pumpkin patch in the middle of nowhere.  Matt got chased by zombies for 5K while the kids and I played.  He finished quickly without getting both of his flags stolen by zombies and joined us.  There were fun games, a petting zoo, good food and a live band.  Of course we had a blast!
Off go the "survivors".  They got a 2 minute head start before the zombies were released

Watching the action


I'm not sure which was scarier- the zombies or Evelyn's hairdo

"This train is small like me!"

He made it!

Old tractor.  Max loved it!

A couple of zombies

Apple fries.  Need I say more?

Zombie bride


He wanted to bring it home

Headed to the top of the slide

"Again!"

Kids got to go inside the this and play with the balloons that were flying around


Our last pumpkin patch visit was at the Wooden Shoe tulip farm.  We got to go through a corn maze, shoot arrows, watch pumpkins shoot out of a cannon, ride a train, and go on a hayride. 
The pipe slide.  Not comfortable at all.

Tractor swing!

Weeeeee!

Giant spider web!




Pensive

Evelyn and Grammy

Hi Grammy!



Evelyn helping daddy


The pouty princess of the pumpkin patch

Pumpkin cannon!

Matt trying out the lasso
As I've mentioned before, I LOVE the fall.  October is always such a blast!  I love that there is so much to do with the kids and that we get to create so many fun memories.  I hope the kids continue to have as much fun as they've had the last couple of years and that they never outgrow going to pumpkin patches!

No comments:

Post a Comment